There’s nothing more annoying when you’re trying to stop a project on the computer and it just won’t start or it just won’t connect to the internet. Before you hustle to pick up the phone to call a computer fix services, make sure to ensure these items first.
They just might help you save a few dollars:
- Check that your computer is plugged in – make sure your cables in the back of the computer. Make sure they’re not loose or have been unplugged from the part or the wall. Often, for the lightning storms, people will unplug their computers but forget to check that they’re plugged back in.
- Reboot your computer- Sometimes the simplest errors can be taken care of by rebooting your computer. Turn the power off, wait a few seconds and log back in.
- Reboot your wireless router/modem – If your wireless link is not working, check to see if your wireless router/modem requires to be rebooted. Unplug the router/modem and plug it back in. Wait a few minutes and try again.
- Check that you haven’t protected your wireless on your laptop – If the wireless on your laptop is not working, make sure that you haven’t turned off the button on the keyboard for your wireless. It’s usually situated on the side of your laptop or at the top corner.
- If you’re not sure whether you have a virus or not, run your anti-virus check manually.
- Make sure your internet service provider isn’t having an outage. If you’re having internet troubles, make sure your provider is not having an outage.
If after checking the above items you’re still having a trouble, don’t mess with it any further without consulting with your computer service contact first. One of the most general blunders that users make is to try to fix a trouble themselves.
Except you know accurately what you’re doing, don’t change too many settings. You could make the trouble poorer increasing the time it will take the computer fix services provider to fix it.